[access-uk] Re: GMAIL SETTING

  • From: catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:51:41 +0000

Hi Carol,

Using the basic html version, go to settings, then forwarding and pop.
 there are then some radio buttons and an edit box about forwarding;
radio buttons about pop; and then a combo box about what to do with
messages that have been downloaded with pop.  This is what you want -
you should choose delete from the list of choices.

I would suggest though to make sure you have a back up of e-mail.  You
could do this by regularly copying your dbx files or by leaving a copy
of the mail with google (by choosing to do so from that combobox) -
whatever method you choose but if you're like me e-mail isn't
something you want to ever be without and you never know what might
happen. I've had to restore my e-mail to Outlook Express several
times.  Personally I would choose to have google archive (rather than
delete) its copy of the messages as that way they won't be hanging
around in the inbox should you sometimes read on the web, but should
OE crash or for some other reason you need to access your mail from
another machine you can still get at them on the web.

hth
Catherine