[access-uk] File types and which program open what

  • From: "Marie Baisez" <marie.baisez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:42:29 +0100

Hi all,
On my pc I have saved some dbx files for future reference gleaned from this and other lists.
The first time I tried to open these files the pc ask me what program I wanted to open them with. It wanted to open wordpad, I knew this wasn't right so I chose browse and found outlook express wasn't on the list provided. so I looked in other programs and found outlook express there. The trouble was that there was more than one outlook express type program with a exe extension in the main outlook express folder to choose from. I picked one and it is obviously the wrong one because the dbx files won't open.
My outlook express program works properly and it must be reading dbx files.
How do I find out what part of the program is working when I use it so that I can choose that one to open those other dbx files stored on my machine.
Does this make sense to anyone?
If so, please enlighten me please, I would be very sad if I couldn't read those files anymore especially when I know they are present on the pc.
Looking at their properties I don't see anything sttrange.

Thanks in advance..with warm sunshine from the south of France sent to all and everyone of you.

Marie