[access-uk] FS laptop.

  • From: "goshawk" <goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BlindAttic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Blindad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <AmRadGear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amatuerradioswapfest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amateurswap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "amateurradiomarketplace Yahoo" <amateurradiomarketplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AmateurRadio at yahoogroups" <AmateurRadio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AMATEUR-AND-HAM-RADIO Yahoo" <AMATEUR-AND-HAM-RADIO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amateur_radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Amateur Radio Swap" <AmateurRadioSwap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 22:35:29 +0100

hello list,
up for grabs is my laptop, it has seen some use, but has never been travelled,
so hardware wise, should be in very good condition.
specs are, 2.6GHZ processor, 512MB memory, 30GB hd, (partitioned in to a 10GB C
and a 20GB d drive) dvd reader/cd writer drive, 2 USB ports (not sure if 2.0 or
1.1), both modem and Ethernet ports, parallel port, PS2 port, monitor port, and
another one that I don't know what it is for.
at the moment it is running win98SE, with all available security updates, and
an older version of window-eyes, I think it is 4.2.
unfortunately, this machine does tend to lock up quite a bit, but can work well
when it feels like doing so, it could probably benefit from a good reformat,
and should be able to cope with XP ok, but as I have never run it on this
machine, please don't quote me on that, also battery may need replacing.
comes with case, driver cd, power supply and modem lead with UK phone line
plug, those are just the basics, but that is far from all!
I will also include the following kit with this package,
PS2 trackball (this will also work from serial port), USB number keypad with
built in 2 port hub, 3 fan USB powered cooler pad, extra USB cd rom drive (with
its software and manual), USB to serial converter (has single 9pin serial port
and appears to also have a PS2 port), 2 powered 4 port USB hubs, and a new
unopened original windows 2000pro sp4 disk.
will leave this open to sensible offers, and will only ship to the UK.
this could be a very nice machine when setup properly.
if interested or for anymore info, please either call on 02084785841, or email,
goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
but please do not ask for the make or model, as I do not know.

Simon