[access-uk] Re: Eset and problems with my wireless connection

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:26:20 +0100

Just an update on this issue. First thanks folks for your interest. I've
contacted two different Eset technical support members but both couldn't solve
the issue. They remotely connected to my machine and everything, you know. But
in the words of the two wizards at Eset, "hmmm. that's weird". There I used my
judgement and left it at that before they mess up my other wireless connection.

The issue seems to be related to a corrupted Eset firewall driver. I'm
reinstalling my OS soon and I reckon that will take care of this problem. If
after reinstalling Windows the problem persists, then I'm going back to the
wizards at Eset, but this time they will have to have the hat on.

Well, one thing I've learned from those two phone calls. Apparently Eset, is
pronounced ESet (e set). Invaluable!

Cheers,
Amro