[access-uk] Encrypt removeable drive

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:27:07 +0100

Hi guys.

Can anyone recommend an app for windows for this?

I've had a look at
Cryptainer LE
from

http://www.cypherix.com/cryptainer_le_download_center.htm

It uses 128bit encryption, (Think it's using Fish).

It's nice as I installed it onto the drive and wa la! When you inssert yoru drive and want to view the encrypted virtual volume you need to access the icon in yoru system tray, say load and enter yoru password.

However....

Even though i installed it onto the removable drive when I move this drive to another system the applications not auto launching and hitting enter on it isn't that great either.

So I'm back out looking for encryption.

Basically this is so I can keep a copy of documents on my pen drive, (Personal documents are password protected in this directory already), but I dont' want this being that available.

Scenario:

I'm in Uni doing a group project.

I update a project database and pass this drive over to a team member to take a copy of it. They can see my documents directory.

That's a no, no.

Now if I have encryption on that directory plus it's hidden in say a virtual volume they're going to take a second more than it woudl take to do a simply copy and paste, right?

This program looked smashing, secure and convenient but sadly not...

C'mon any recommendations?
Dj Paddy