[access-uk] Re: Duo Lingo

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 12:51:34 +0100

Hi Alison and all

I'd just like to second everything Alison has written about Duolingo.
I began studying French in April and I now have an unbroken 142 day streak which means that I've done some French each day since I joined.

I'm using the app on an Iphone too, and I love it.

Alison, are you able to leave comments in the discuss section of the app? I haven't worked out how to do that yet?

Talk soon, John

At 09:02 03/09/2020, you wrote:

Last month I signed up to this app which I have found wonderfully accessible and both an entertaining and productive way of learning a language.

There are a whole host of language you can choose from and there is a free version, although I have signed up to avoid the inevitable adverts.

It encourages you to spend at leatfive minutes a day with the app but it is so addictive and competitive that you almost inevitably spend longer.

There is a leader-board so for the more competitive you can see what others have scored and work to overtake them.

I already had a splattering of German and initially found it a little slow at moving on but now it is getting a little more challenging I am grateful that it isn't romping ahead. It remembers your mistakes and comes back to them.

It is very interactive challenging you to pair words, read very simple stories and answer questions, asking you to choose between possible answers and a whole host of other things to stop the learning process from becoming boring.

I am using my Iphone to access this app. I haven't checked to see if it is available via computer but feel certain it will be available via Android too.

If you are interested in learning a language, I can't recommend this highly enough.

Alison

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq