[access-uk] Dolphin pen drive

  • From: "Colin Holloway" <cph.newvision@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:15:18 -0000

Hi Ali
I am not sure if there is a key drive version of Jaws, but I cannot see a technical reason why they could not use one. Maybe the dealers Jaws can advise on that.
I know that designers and manufactures in the UK should be basing their new product designs and software updates on the new British Standards for Inclusive Technology. The Department of Trade and Industry have just funded a pilot project for management in Inclusive Design. This means that all products should be based on a "design for all" giving access for all. Dolphin are changing their products on this basis so that their products can be used at
Internet Cafe's, schools, universities, institutes, offices and libraries with the aid of the pen drive.

Regards
Colin