[access-uk] Re: De facto standard: a helpful term in web accessibility? [was: Firefox, Internet Explorer, and MSAA]

  • From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:34:38 +0100

Léonie Watson wrote:

Apologies to one and all for sparking this off topic discussion.

It was I who originally questioned Alistair's use of the term, and I who should be apologizing if this thread is off-topic, not Léonie or David, who were just trying to help.

From the list description at:

//www.freelists.org/list/access-uk

I assumed that a clarification of the technical terminology used when discussing accessible software would be on-topic, particularly if that terminology is subtly interfering (in my view) with the resolution of "issues or problems surrounding ... access technology".

But I am sorry for the list noise if that conclusion was wrong. Perhaps we can get back to a more practical discussion of the bugs in question?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis