[access-uk] Re: Cutouts in XP

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:25:49 +0100

Just thought I'd add to this as, when I first got my PC with XP, after
installing mum's samsung phone software that the PC would reboot ramdonly
for no real reason.  Unistalling the software cured it, although, looking
back, after my motherboard failure, I begin to wonder what really caused the
random reboot.

The only constant problem I have, mostly with IE 6, is the office watson
thingie cutting in and asking me to send reports to microsoft.  this is fine
but after that! IE 6 closes down, like any programme that goes through this,
I'm left with having to start again!  No indication as to why the
application crash.  So, it's annoying.

I'd look in the help and support section, you'd need to find a link that say
something like "tools to view your computer and information and diagnose.
click on that and go to advanced system information,  finally find the "view
error log" link.  it might give you an idea of what the problem might be.

Justin