[access-uk] Cookers - any advice out there?

  • From: "Jim O'Sullivan" <jimos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:30:52 -0000

Hi

I am about to buy a new cooker.  This will be the hob and oven fitted type.

Although the old one I have is electric I do have a gas supply and am open
minded as regards it being gas or electric.

I am wondering if someone could share some experience or point me to a
resource where I could get some advice regarding accessibility and ease of
use of such domestic items for someone with no useful vision.

I understand that most modern electric hobs have the heating ring flush with
the rest of the top of the unit which I would imagine makes  it very hard to
accurately locate and place pots on them.

Thanks.

Jim