[access-uk] Connecting to a router

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 03:35:30 -0000

Hi
I have 2 Dell Inspiron laptops which recently I've tried to connect to my
Lynxis router. They connect and even get through using the password key, but on
the Wireless icon in Network Connections in Control Panel it says I am
connected with limited or no connectivity. I've removed firewalls and rely on
the router's firewall. I've gone through the setting and can see nothing
obvious. The strange thing is that I've got other machines connecting perfectly
well wirelessly and even my N95 does so without trouble.
I'm wondering if I should be using the Windows Wireless control or perhaps
there's another way. Strange that both Dell machines have the same problem.
They seem to use a Broadcom program.
Has anyone any ideas?
Gordon McFarlane