[access-uk] Comparing contents of folders

  • From: "J Gurd" <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ACCESS-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:40:41 -0000

Hi all

I have a folder which in turn has several thousand music album folders
containing over 30000 mp3 files. My problem is is that I have a backup which
should be identical but I have discovered it isn't. I thought I would be
able to use explorer to compare each music folder in turn but I can find no
way to make it show how many files are in each. All the albums are in the
format artistFolder/albumFolder/FileName. Needless to say I don't want to
have to open each folder in turn to check the number of files as it would be
just too laborious and time-consuming.

Does anyone know of a program or a way of using explorer to do this? I am a
Jaws user.

Thanks in advance.

John