[access-uk] Chipset Question

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:10:58 +0100

Hi list.

I've got a question about two different chipset brands, and was wondering if
anyone had opinions on either.

I'm looking at a Fujitsu-Siemens with a Intel 855GME chipset for system and
graphics, and a Samsung which has an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP for its
system and graphics.

The laptop would be used mainly for office type work. Preparing documents,
spread sheets etc. There'd also be some of that digital photo manipulation
stuff, but no gaming.

Are these chipsets pretty much of a muchness, or is one better in a laptop
than the other.

Many thanks.

Darran