[access-uk] Card reader question

  • From: "Tracy Lloyd" <tracy_lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:02:18 +0100

I've been looking at various card readers on the web, and have a question.

I've seen some products called "card readers", and others which are called
"card reader/writers".  Now, I want to be able to not only read and move
data from my CF and SD cards on to my PC, but I want to be able to write
data to the cards as well.  If I purchase a card reader, does that mean I
can only move data from the card to my PC and not visa versa?  Do I need to
purchase a card reader/writer to meet my requirements?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but I just don't know, and don't want to buy
the wrong thing!

Thanks for any help anyone can give...

Regards,

Tracy.