[access-uk] Re: Can't always read the replied message

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:23:29 +0000

Hello Dean,

I also use Eudora 7, but have never had the problem which you describe. Perhaps you need to change some of the settings in the Display and Viewing Mail categories, which you will find in the Tools/Options menu.

In the Display category I have all the checkboxes unchecked. (You can, of course, disregard the last two, which refer to the system tray).

In the Viewing Mail category, all relevant checkboxes are unchecked, except for 'Zoom Windows when Opening'. The Message Window Witdth is set to 80 (characters), and the Message Window Height to 20 (lines).

Also, I have Eudora set to list view rather than tree view.

I hope that this helps you to solve the problem. I am not a JAWS user, so cannot help you if this turns out to be JAWS-related.

There is a good list for blind/VI Eudora users. Traffic is light, and 99 per cent of messages are on topic. Oh, how I wish more lists were like that! (Grin). To join, send a message to:
blindeudora-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with
Subscribe
in the Subject field.

I am a big fan of Eudora, having used it for ten years or so, since version 2.5.

Cheers,

Christopher
7:53 PM