[access-uk] Best way of connecting a mixer

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:10:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new mixer some time soon. Currently my mixer is
connected to a USB audio interface via 2 stereo phono cables. That interface is
then connected to my PC. However, I was wondering if the other ways of
connecting a mixer, I.E USB mixers or using simple audio cables are better, and
if so, why? USB mixers seem to have an advantage as far as real time monitoring
and recording go, as the way my mixer is currently connected doesn't allow for
real time monitoring. But this is because of the mixer's limited functionality,
as well as anything else. Thanks in advance.
JLS Radio is no more! Instead, check out my new blog at:
http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes
--
Contact Details
--
E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
Message sent at 02:08:04 AM GMT on Sunday, April 12, 2009