[access-uk] Re: BLACKBERRIES

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:52:24 +0100

Hi Ian - yes they're a no-no.
however as they are in the main used simply to push email you could just
go for a standard mobile devices with screenreader installed, one of the
nokia e series with talks, mobile speak or the portable hal solution, or
alternatively a dedicated pda with pocket hal or the code factory
equivalent. any appropriate device with Email connectivity if that's
your primary requirement. make sure that it supports your employers
email system eg if they use an exchange server rather than pop3.  if
going down the mobile phone route you'll likely as not want a portable
fullsized keyboard too.

Adrian Higginbotham

Accessibility content manager

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ