[access-uk] Re: Attachments Not Opening

  • From: CJ <cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 18:49:48 +0100

What email client are you using?

You may need to find the options or settings menu to tell it to open certain documents with a certain program. In our case, using Thunderbird, you set pdfs to be opened with Acrobat reader.

The alternative is to save the attachments to your drive somewhere and open them from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards
CJ

On 13/09/2017 13:07, roger south (Redacted sender roger.south for DMARC) wrote:

My wife plays in a ladies darts team and earlier today received and email from the local organiser giving the new season fixtures and other information. Three files altogether in pdf format. This is the first time that it has been sent in this format before it has always been Excel. I have tried to send the email to this list but as attachments are not permitted it strips them out which makes it a little pointless to me.
As I have still a little sight left I used the mouse and double clicked the attachment to open it. Nothing happened and nothing on the other files as well. When I receive attachments to emails, for example the new book list from the RNIB it usually says under the attachment icon what it is, html or txt. but this time there is nothing under the icon at all. If I hover over it a box comes up with the file title and the pdf format.
Can anyone throw some light on this for me please.
Many thanks Roger