[access-uk] Re: Asda web site accessibility

  • From: "A. Hamilton" <ash-hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:37:31 +0100

Hi Alistair

If you use the JAWS quick navigation key, “T”, to jump between tables on the
booking page, you’ll notice there are 3 of them here. Ignore the first one as
although it’s titled “Available 2-hour slots”, for whatever reason, JAWS and
NVDA don’t like it. Perhaps it’s for the “Click and Collect” shoppers?

Go to the second table. This is also titled “available 2-hour slots”.

Now here is where you really do have to use JAWS Table reading commands as
using down arrow does not make things clear and your brain begins to melt!
(smile).

So you would use Control plus alt plus right or left arrow to move between
days. Then

Control plus alt plus up or down arrow to choose a time.

Use control plus alt plus numpad 5 to read the table cell you are actually on.

Available slots will have a price and will say “link”. Press enter and that’s
your slot booked.

There is a heading level 1 notification to confirm your choice of slot. So
press 1 on the number row a couple of times to hear the confirmation.

I’ve done this with IE 9 and 10 and JAWS 13 and 14 so hopefully this should
work for you?

hth

Regards

Ann