[access-uk] Re: Apple and Ipad in particular

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:49:01 +0100

Jeff,

I first started with an IPod.  Having always been totally blind, I decided to
take this challenge.  It's taken me a while to speed up with things like
texting, and I often resort to a bluetooth keyboard to speed up that process;
but now (having been forced to use the onboard keyboard a little more) I'm
feeling better even about that!

I've recently purchased the iPhone 4S and, though going through a few teething
troubles, am loving it!

If you have an Apple store fairly nearby, it might be worth going there, or at
least some other shop where some of their equipment is on sale (Curries for
example) but to see the sizes of each item and to give yourself a better idea
of which best fits what you want to do with your Apple device.

Yes, go for it, I say!

There is a busy mailing list which deals with the iPhone in particular and
other Apple products too, and a great amount of apps out there which bring
further enhancement to the product.

With the support offered with the iPhone 4S, Siri certainly is becoming very
useful to those of us who don't like writing on the equipment too often as some
of the tasks can now be automated so well as we voice our requirements.

If I can help further, feel free to write, on or off list.

Carol P