[access-uk] Re: Apple adds 'make the web go away' button to Safari 5 [printer-friendly] . The Register

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:49:45 +0100

"Reader also reformats multi-page articles into "one continuous, clutter-free
view". They still show up as pages, but you just scroll through them
vertically."

Brilliant! How many times I ran out of patient trying to read a piece online
that's only a couple of hundred words long but for some reason the webpage
designer decided to spread it over ten pages or something.

Wander if Firefox has a similar plug-in? I know that there's a site called
something like Readability that do a similar job to this new button in Safari,
but re assembling an article in one page, never come across such a tool before.

Cheers,
Amro