[access-uk] Re: Apologies: Off-topic.

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:28:11 +0100

Hi Mandy,

Though a bit off list, but thought other folks might find these four websites
useful too.

These first two sites should make your search for attractions a little easier-

24 Hour Museum - official guide to UK museums, galleries, exhibitions and
heritage at

http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk/

places2visit.co.uk - Great days out, attractions, zoos, museums at

http://www.places2visit.co.uk/

At the following site you can specify when searching for plaices your access
needs e.g. vi, mobility needs etc and even pushchairs access for parents. It
has useful info about the tube too-

The Nationwide Disabled Access Register - access information for disabled
people and parents - Direct Enquiries at

http://www.directenquiries.com/

I've come across the below site a little while ago and it sounds fun if you're
up for an adventure! I didn't have the chance yet to ask them whether I can
participate in their activities despite of my visual impairment I'm afraid;
thought I'd mention it to you never the less-

Spice UK - adventure sports, adventure activity holidays UK, overseas adventure
travel, adventure holidays, outdoor adventures at

http://www.spiceuk.com/index.asp

  My big three o birthday is in August and I'm still thinking of something
exciting to do that day!

  Good luck, Mandy, with your search and hope you make the best of your
birthday.

  Cheers,
  Amro