[access-uk] Anyone Using the Amazon Fire tV

  • From: "Darran Ross" <sleepysaurus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:54:46 +0100

I'm interested to know if anyone has bought one of the Amazon Fire TV sets, not a firestick, the stand alone television?

I bought the 32 inch in April of last year, and over the last two months or so it has started having audio problems on channels that are broadcasting AD programming.

After the channel has been on for a couple of hours, if there's a programme with description, the sound starts to break up. It's hard to describe, but there is a very definite breakdown in audio quality, both for the original programme audio and the AD. The only way to get the clear audio back is to move away from the channel and immediately come back to it. The problem still remains though, and the audio will eventually breakdown once more after an undefined period of time.

This only appears to happen on live broadcasts, AD on anything from the catch-up services seems to be unaffected!

Can anyone relate to this?

Darran

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq