[access-uk] Re: Amazing audio fun

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 00:27:15 +0100

Greetings,

Folks, I've only just come across this thread, in case people have forgotten
what it was all about, it is a virtual hair cut, it's still on UTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA

and it played for me no problem, the chap who posted it:

  <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>

said there was an .mp3 of it somewhere but could not recall where.

There then followed a discussion about binaural recording and it was
mentioned the BBC made recordings in binaural sound some time ago.

You may be interested to know one of these recordings is currently available
on the Radio 7 listen again, a play called "The Revenge" which was written
by Andrew Sachs, it can be found in the Crime and Thrillers Hour of last
Friday, at 13:30.

The play is without words, all sounds, the story is very very clear and I
think very cleverly written.

From Colin Howard, who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.