[access-uk] Re: Advice Wanted.

  • From: "Stephen Green" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:17:14 +0100

Hi Mandy

My experience with the audigy external sound cards was also disappointing, but
nowhere near as bad as yours.

When I attached my audigy, I had no problem with ordinary music, only with the
Jaws speech output. In this case, the screen reader would double pronounce the
word at the end of a phrase, for example when pronouncing the word

which

it would say

which-itch.

 this made the card useless in my mind.
This phenomenon has been reported by others.

However, your other problems have not, to my knowledge, been reported
previously, so I have no further advice to offer - maybe others can help.

Steve Green