[access-uk] Re: Adobe Reader8 problem

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:28:44 -0000

Thanks George - if only it was as simple as that!  As some software was
pre-installed I immediately wondered whether Adobe had been included, but
that is not the case.   There is an Adobe folder in c:\program files, but it is
empty.  I even renamed it just in case it was causing confusion.  There is no
Adobe in the list of software which can be uninstalled from Programs and
settings in Control panel either.

I am beginning to wonder whether it means that the installer is already
running.  When i press Enter on the exe file nothing appears to happen, but
pressing enter again produces the Error message.
I will try again later with sighted help in case something is happening on the
screen which my screen reader is not picking up, but if not I think that I am
stuck!

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison