[access-uk] Re: Adobe® Reader® 7.0.7

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 07:43:07 +0100

I cannot be of of too much help here Petrina, but its my guess that the PDF you
have which just reports question marks may well be a scanned document.  I had
one like this although in that case it Window-Eyes reported a few odd
characters that appeared to have nothing to do with the contents of the
document itself.

It was confirmed on the Window-Eyes list that the document was an image,
although that wasn't obvious to me.  It is strange though if you obtained the
two books you mention from the same source, with one being readable and the
other not.Then again, I've had this happen with preview chapters from a web
site;  one readable, the other not because it was scanned.

Only other thing I can suggest is to put your question on the GW Micro info
list.

Sorry I cannot help more.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at