[access-uk] Accessing the newJAWS tuition course

  • From: Richard King <rking689@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:44:42 +0100

Hello all,
I'm just a bit frustrated at the mo and looking for possible advice?
I contacted Sight and Sound about the new JAWS tuition home study course on
DAISY format CD and, as much as I'd like to study this, the cost for this is
£595 that I just cannot afford personaaly, and don't have the benefit of being
in work so unable to seek Access To Work assistance with this. I asked if they
sold this under licence to charities or schools etc so that guys like might
study this via a third party but again, the response to this was a negatory. I
learnt what I know on JAWS in 2011 using version 12 so I fear that my skills in
this software really need updating if I am to have the confidence to continue
to seek employment but Catch 22 springs to mind. Is there any way someone such
as I could obtain funding or access the course in some other way ao that at
least I am up to date with my skills to present to potential employers?
Cheers
Sent from my iPhone** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
link:-