[access-uk] Accessing a non access area

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WinXP Help" <WinXPHelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:44:48 +0100

Accessing a non access area    Hi
Last week my computer crashed and it turns out now to be the hard disk. I had a
new one installed and have made the old one a slave as it can still be accessed.

However when I go into the Documents and Settings to the user name (where My
Documents are) so that I can copy them off, when I click on the user name I get
'access denied'. I've made up a new administrator setting in Users in control
panel but this does not give me access. Everything on the old disk seems to be
accessible except this area. Is there a way to bypass this to get to me
documents or do I have to write it off. I can't believe the files aren't there
- it's just how to access them.
Any help would be greatly valued.
Thanks.
Gordon McFarlane