[access-uk] Accessibility of equipment

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:43:24 +0100

I'm changing the subject line because this doesn't just affect TV.

I don't suppose for one moment that I am the first person to suggest this, but I think that accessibility should be built in from the outset like, fore example, the Apple Mac or Iphone. If all mobile phones had to be supplied with Talks or someother application to make them accessible to us, it would add very little to the cost of a phone bearing in mind the millions that are sold. People pay out anawful lot of money for screen readers such as Jaws, window-eyes, hal, etc, when a free screen reader like NVDA willmeet the needs of most people who use a PC at home.

database 4513 (20091016) __________