[access-uk] Re: AVG 7 in background

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:35:49 -0000

Barry,

Ok, same here at work, though, it's my home pc that has the AVG on it, I
have McAfee on here, but the sequence should be the same. I'm a jaws
user, and have my XP Pro set up in the recommended classic settings, so
by simply tabbing around, I go from desktop, to start, to task bar, then
to system tray.

If you don't have this, simply minimise everything, and hit insert F11,
this will bring up your system tray, so just arrow up and down and
you'll see your AVG control centre, or running AVG scan  in there. Tab
once to right click button and press enter. You'll then be presented
with various options, to go to the AVG test centre, or even to disable
the control centre. If this is at the time AVG is scanning, you'll get
an option to cancel or exit the scan process.

Your choice, but remember what I said re enabling it again, or re
booting your pc before you go back online.

hth, Robin