[access-uk] ATTENTION TO ALL THOSE USING NTL

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:44:49 +0100

Hi all,

I'm very annoyed that, yet again, I seem to have to "wage war"!

A year or two back now, when NTL started broadcasting digitally and with some hopes of Audio Description, I spent one whole afternoon on the phone to NTL going through various points around this, wanting to know how to adjust the handset and also a complete list of stations. I also asked why they hadn't told us all about this and pointed out that, if they didn't tell blind people it was available, how could we comment.

I asked for all this to be passed on and stressed strongly the importance of this. I spoke to two different people and they seemed unable to grasp what I was saying.

It seems things haven't changed!

Now I think it's time for the blind community who use NTL Cable to get some comments to them and to reach the top!

If anyone is interested in doing this, could you write me *off list* to let me know you're "in on it" and to make any suggestions, so that we can all make a single pronged attack, even if we write personally in the end etc. You will find my email address at the end of this message. We can then have a chat together, as a group, about this.

Thanks.

Cheers now.

--
Carol