[access-uk] Re: ASDA's Website

  • From: Chris Moore <moore.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 09:42:07 +0100

Hi guys,

I thought I would chip in here.  I am a Mac and Windows user, but mainly a Mac
user.  I was never a fan of the ASDA website, even when I was able to see.  I
have always preferred the Tesco main site.  I think the Tesco main website is
one of the most accessible (mind I did nag them enough to make changes to it).
I occasionally used Sinsbury's but always found their site a little clunky.

When I lost my vision I was unable to use the ASDA site on the Mac as the main
website was not accessible with Voiceover, and the link to the accessible
version of the website would not do anything when clicked.

I have now taken another look at the ASDA website using Voiceover and can see
major improvements.  I can easily now search for items, add and remove them
from my basket etc.  There are a few unlabelled buttons and graphics here and
there, which I am sure in time will be ironed out.  Overall for Mac users this
site is a huge improvement.  I see the site also uses frames, I was not sure
about this approach at first, but actually it makes it quite easy to jump
between the main content and the trolly.

I may even start shopping at ASDA again.  It is worthwhile to note that the
iPhone ASDA app is very accessible also (unlike the Tesco one).

Kind regards

Chris