[access-uk] Re: ANOTHER USB HARD DRIVE QUESTION

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:33:04 +0100

Hi Richard,

It depends on how sensitive the data you have on that drive
is.  If you have anything personal and sensitive which you
would not wish others to see, you cannot simply format it
and hope for the best.  You would therefore need to obtain
a special program which uses special techniques to
completely obliterate the information.  The following may
seem like scare-mongering, but I assure you 100% that  it is
not.

http://www.whitecanyon.com/deleted-files-let-10-2003.php

George.