[access-uk] ANOTHER BOOKWORM QUESTION

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:38:42 -0000

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether there exist such things as serial to USB adapters?
If there are such things, would I need to be careful about the sort of USB
connector to be sure that my PC would be able to send texts to my worm?  Is
anyone else doing things this way?  It'd be really nice not to have to faff
about in the back of the PC plugging the worm up to the serial port.  Also,
does anyone know whether there are issues with using Cipher with XP home as
this is the translation program I have.  finally, I'd heard hat there'd been
problems with the new BW software either failing to send material or sending it
as gobbledegook to the worm.

Cheers now.

Ian