[access-uk] Re: ADVICE ABOUT 8 YEAR OLD PANASONIC PHONE

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 07:30:47 +0100

Hi Pele,

I can't remember all the things we tried to resolve the problem with my Victor
reader. It did get very sticky! I know I tried no varnish remover, but it
wasn't altogether successful, that helped a bit.

My friend Tim finished off the job as best he could and I think he used
surgical spirit in the end. It is now very much better, although you can tell
that it has been sticky. Hope this might help.

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 8 May 2015, at 9:15 am, Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carol

I can't add to what others have said about cleaning your phone, I am
interested to know how you cleaned your victor reader stream. Mine is
losing the rubber coating on the front and the Play button is a little
uncertain.

I should think that after 8 years it might be time for a new phone. We
are really impressed with the Panasonic phones we bought a few weeks ago.

Pele West