[access-uk] Re: A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT AMAZON MUSIC

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:51:26 +0000

Thanks, Iain. Your swift reply is appreciated and, yes, two questions answered!

Carol P

On 24/01/2016 20:42, Iain Lackie wrote:

I can answer one of your questions. Yes, you can import Amazon tracks into iTunes. They are .mp3 files so there is no problem importing them. I think Prime membership costs something like £79 a year. Now that's two questions.

Iain

On 24/01/2016 20:33, Carol Pearson (Redacted sender carol.pearson29 for DMARC) wrote:
Hi all,

Though I'm primarily an IOS user, some of our CD's were purchased from Amazon, so we received notification (the first I knew about it) just recently that all our purchases were available for us in digital format. I took the plunge, downloaded the player and had forgotten exactly what we'd purchased from Amazon. I must say I like the simple player ...

Now for the questions:

First, I see you can have free music (I think up to 100000 titles, if you're on Prime Music. I saw an item about having to be the prime account holder and that other members of the family can't make use of this facility. Any comments and clarification on this would be most welcome, please? Added to this, anyone know (off the top of their heads) how much Prime would cost and do I need a separate Prime Account then a music one?

My other questions are about the downloads themselves. If I download them, can I import to iTunes if I wish? The quality seems good but I'd be interested (if anyone knows) to have a comparison of the quality of Amazon music alongside the Apple offerings.

Finally, I think, I came across an app which is supposed to offer free music. Has anyone tried this and got anything good as a result?

Sorry about all the questions. Just fired up a little! ... <Smiles>

Carol P

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq