[access-uk] Re: 8Gb USB Flash Drive

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:29:25 -0000

Hi Derek I have just read this again and I note that you have plugged the USB
into an external hub.  Again I have done things like this in the past and you
need to make sure that the external hub can take the USB in terms of power.
Does your external hub have a power supply?  Is it plugged in?  When you
plugged in the USB drive did you hear a noise indicating that it had been
registered and did you hear your computer say anything about finding new
device.  If yes, you may have to wait a minute or less while the new device
drivers are installed.

Eleanor