[acbny-l] Re: Fw: Second Circuit Court of Appeal upholds local District Court Decisions in paratransit case

  • From: "John R. Jeavons" <jeavons@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acbny-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:11:18 -0400

A small victory, perhaps, but it is all too often the case that one wins =
a battle and loses the war.
Strict compliance with all of the paratransit regulations, such as the =
corridor width, could reduce service, which would be very undesirable. =
Many Supreme court decisions against disability rights have essentially =
revolved around whether or not the plaintiff was actually disabled, =
testing eligibility of plaintiffs rather than response of defendants.
John Jeavons
=20