[absoft-board] August Report

  • From: Jack Schroeder <jack.schroeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "absoft-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <absoft-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 13:06:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Board Members,

I have returned relaxed and refreshed from my vacation. Still no letter from the
IRS recognizing our tax-exempt status, but our application is being reviewed in
the IRS' Cleveland office, which you may know has been in turmoil for much of
this year. The 15 months we have waited in not unusual.

The financial condition of the company is normal, which is to say balanced but
precarious until we find new funding sources. The payroll company is assessing
us $140 in additional fees in September for letters they sent to the IRS and the
Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue to straighten out confusion over our name change.
That should be the end of that problem, and we have the funds for it.

Robert did a fine job in my absence, and we hope he will make additional
contributions in the future.

Jack Schroeder
Business Manager