[ABC Officers] Meeting Notes + Attendance

  • From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <bmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jack Rowland <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 22:16:05 -0400

From officers' meeting:

Dustin initiated discussion of winding down the club for next year, to
a club that simply meets on a regular basis to share homebrew. Dustin
will bring this up with the members present today, and plan for a
charter revision for review next month. The major changes will be to
reduce the count of officers, remove all membership levels above the
non-paid level, and generally minimize the burdens the charter puts on
the club.

Dustin updated the others on the status of KBOTB: Alex Caldwell has
stepped up to do publicity in Chad's place, and we should have a
poster shortly. Don will be getting him access to the website.

Dustin is a signer on the club account now

Members' meeting:

Dustin brought up the issue of winding down the club, as described in
the officers' meeting notes. Eric Brundige brought up some
interesting ideas for activities the club could support: brewing
serving beer at an all-homebrew event in Bennington; buying bulk
grain. breaking bulk, and selling to members; and organizing buses to
events. The club has finances to support these options, but would
need the organization, time, and effort to make them successful.

Tom described how to perform an iodine test for mash conversion, and
brought some converted and unconverted wort for everyone to try the
test.

Beers (though fewer than usual) were shared and tasted. Through a
show of hands, Garret's IPA (brewed for a friend's wedding) was chosen
as the best of the evening.

Dustin

P.S. I'll get you the attendance when I get it typed in