[aarontech] NVDA virtual buffers continue to improve

  • From: "Valiant \(on laptop\)" <valiant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aarontech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:07:47 -0500

Hi.
I've given the new NVDA virtual buffers a test drive. I am impressed, they're
almost twice as fast as they used to be, but they're not finished yet, in fact,
they're not being used in the snapshot releases of NVDA, to use it, a line in
the source copy of NVDA has to be modified in a certain file to a certain
difference, which is breaks internet explorer, and fortunately not outlook
express, but speeds up Firefox a bit. Other nifty changes are there as well,
namely it currently reads the page as it appears, it might look like this
link contact link news link developer's note link services link downloads link
search link site map
edit type in search search button reset button
etc, it's truly sweet, the idea is to arrow to a line, and if the link or
button or other control you want to interact with isn't at the beginning of the
line, where the virtual buffer carrot will always be, hit tab to move into the
controls on that line, it's sweet, but there are still problems I say. Namely
at current, unless he's already fixed it, possible, it lags a bit when
navigating complicated pages like those on tiger direct.com. List items and
thins like that have little tiny flaws to be squashed still yet, and of course,
NVAccess isn't done converting the stuff that the virtual buffer uses to c++,
which means as far as logic says it, the speed of the virtual buffers still
have a long ways to improve.
Aaron T. Spears (valiant)
EMail: valiant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and others
MSNMessenger: a1t2s3_89@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: computeruser89 and skype: aarontech.valiant
Beta Testing System Information:
soney Vaio VGN250n . Intel core 2 duo 1.66ghz . 2,048 mb ddr2 SDRAM (667 mhz) .
Intel graphics . Realtech audio
Toshiba 160gb 5,400 rpm hdd (Microsoft Windows Vista business)