[aarontech] Fw: [Game Developers] Ubuntu Linux 8 accessible installation podcast.

  • From: "Valiant8086 \(on laptop\)" <valiant8086@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aarontech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:46:08 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <tward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:22 AM
Subject: [Game Developers] Ubuntu Linux 8 accessible installation podcast.

Hello everyone,
I thought many of you might be interested in listening to this podcast.
The following mp3 podcast, created by Darragh Halie, walks a new ubuntu
Linux user step by step through the accessible installation and use of
the Ubuntu 8 speech friendly operating system. In addition to the
install of the operating system Darragh shows off some of the brand new
accessibility features of Firefox 3 for Linux. Included in Firefox 3's
new accessibility features is the ability to jump to form, heading,
frame, visited, and unvisited links. In addition Orca has improved
carrot browsing support for Firefox 3 which is nearly equal to Windows
based screen readers and Firefox for Windows.
Check out this awesome podcast at
http://www.digitaldarragh.com/linux/installing-ubuntu-8-04-with-orca.mp3
and take a listen. Perhaps some of you will be as impressed as I am at
how far Linux accessibility has come over the last year.Especially,
since Ubuntu 7.x.