[7inch] :: SEVEN INCH ENTERTAINMENT MAIL-OUT 8.1/02 ::

  • From: "7inch" <7inch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <7inch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:29:52 +1000

:: SEVEN INCH ENTERTAINMENT MAIL-OUT 8.1/02 ::

REMINDER - TO KEEP YOUR MIND FRESH ON WHAT'S GOING ON THIS WEEK - AND THERE'S A
LOT - CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND TELL THEM ALL ABOUT IT - SEE YOU OUT TOWN!

MERRY XMAS, THE 7INCH TEAM!

:: Xmas & NYE in Townsville
:: Special guests December: DJ Orinoko and DJ Valli Lee - biographies

TONIGHT: Thursday 26th. Dec. (BOXINGDAY)
:: BOOTLEG :: at EMBASSY from 21:00 till late:
DJ ORINOKO & DJ VALLI LEE from Brisbane join DJ Slo for some groovy,
deep and ultra-funky deck action - Perfect after Xmas dinner workout
opportunity!
Read more about our guests below.

Friday 27th. Dec.
EMBASSY: Pakamas & DJ Slo from 22:00

Saturday 28th. Dec.
THE EXCHANGE BACKROOM:
7Inch Entertainment Australia presents :: PHREAKIN :: From 21:00 till late. $5
at the door
DJ ORINOKO & DJ VALLI LEE with NICK HO, PAKAMAS & NATHAN HILL
- We know we said 'no more events this side of NYE' but hey - are you going to
complain?
Now that you are warmed up after boxing day - Here is our two Brisbane DJ
guests unleashing
the raw thumping power of techno, house and disko sounds they spin at the
acclaimed
LiquidBASS events in Brisvegas. (Check http://www.unitedsoundsystem.com for
more info, also www.adventjah.com.au for info on the next LiquidBASS event at
Slinky in the Park - New years day 2003).

EMBASSY: Pappas & Paul Allan from 22:00

Sunday 29th. Dec.
THE EXCHANGE - BALCONY :: RELAPSE :: recovery from around 15:00 - 21:00 with
all the 7Inch DJs and our Guests spinning really lush down-tempo and leftfield
traxx to supplement the soothing effects of Corona, Latte and Panadol. . .

Tuesday 31st. Dec.
EMBASSY :: NYE celebration - Welcome 2003 :: All the 7Inch DJ behind the decks
- Lush food and drink trickling through the night - groovy rythms and funky
bass - Latin swing and ethnic moods - Surprise performances and extravagant
entertainment - and above all, great company at the only party explosion in
town with a nice a/c environment. All this, only $50 (including $20 bartab) -
presale from Embassy.

Special guests December.

DJ ORINOKO AND VALLI LEE from Phreakin Productions in Brisbane are visiting
town for two gigs, boxingday at Embassy for
:: BOOTLEG :: and Dec. 28th at Exchange for :: PHREAKIN :: - Flyers out all
over!

:: ORINOKO DJ BIOGRAPHY ::
With a knack of blending & mixing a variety of styles into a sound and groove
of his own, Orinoko can make the floor move. Tribal beats, hard breaks and
funkified techno are some of the sounds to be heard from the womble. This
attitude has seen Orinoko support some of the worlds best techno talent
including Jeff Mills, Space DJs, Ben Simms, Devilfish, Chester Beatty, Dr.
Motte, Kazu Kimura, DeeDee, Slack, Slieker, Simon Digby, DiskoPussy and Simon
Coyle. As one half of Phreakin Productions, Orinoko works along with fellow
techno head and longtime business partner DJ Shadrach. Originally hailing from
North Qld and starting to promote nights and spin records in mid-'95 Orinoko
has spent the last 3 years in Brisbane cultivating the sound that is techno.
From October 2000 to December 2001 Orinoko was one half of the team behind
Brisbane's longest running weekly techno night "lucid". The night ran every
Saturday night @ Mantra nightclub (RIP). He is also responsible for
organising/promoting a number of one-off parties (Hypnosis, Fuse, Acidisco,
liquidBASS), Orinoko is always on the go, never tireless in the pursuit of
getting a groove on the floor. For 2002, Orinoko and Phreakin Productions have
moved solely into party mode with a string of successful nights, 'liquidBASS'.
These nights have gained a cult following firmly placing them in hearts of the
Brisbane underground, each bigger and better than the last with no sign of them
slowing down and the emphasis placed purely on quality music rocking the dance
floor. The latest, in conjunction with TeriYakiAnakiSaki (Melbourne) and
Tek-Ni-Kal (Syd), successfully toured Japanese techno pounder Chester Beatty
around Australia. The success and quality presented @ liquidBASS has led to a
liquidBASS stage @ the forthcoming Slinky in the Park festival to be held in
Brisbane on New Years Day. With an international lineup including Carl Kennedy
(Cream, UK) , Jody Wistenernoff (UK), Rachel Auburn (UK), Pete Wardman (UK)
Infusion and Resin Dogs the New Years day in Brisvegas will be rocking to the
tech funk sound of Orinoko and the liquidBASS crew. Phreakin Productions have
also joined forces with a number of other local production crews to form the
United Sound System. The aim behind USS has been to share experience and
resources to put on quality dance events and of cause, to rip up the floor.The
Groove is yet to stop and the future is bright.

:: VALLI LEE DJ BIOGRAPHY ::
Valli Lee knew she had music in her blood from her earliest beginnings to her
first party in 1998. She has shown that her technique and intuition for the
floor is spot on.  Her DJing style does not merely revolve around filling a
dance floor; it's all about getting people to listen and move to new and
innovative sounds. In 2001, Valli Lee co-promoted her own club night "Fresh
cut" in Brisbane at Club Mantra.  The night covered all styles of music
concentrating on funk-fused techno and drum 'n' bass and ran until the untimely
demise of the venue.  During this time, she developed new skills and a partner
in crime, DJ Cam.  This "decklicious duo" teamed up under the moniker Mix 'n'
FX for Geisha in August 2001, to raise money for Breast Cancer Research and
they were a huge success.  Together they have performed at Sonic Animation's
Reality by Deception tour, liquidBASS and have supported some of the best
International and Australian electronic artists. Valli Lee's appreciation for
music heightened when she was joined the Sanity Dance Arena Team in August 2001
as the Techno and Tech-House Vinyl Buyer.  Over the past year, she has expanded
the vinyl selection and encouraged the growth of this particular genre in the
dance music community. Valli Lee's professionalism and skills have seen her
support International and Australian electronic artists and DJs including 2002
ARIA winners 1200 Techniques (x2), Sonic Animation (x2), Pound System, Princess
Superstar (USA), DJ Tye (Taiwan), Dee Dee, Slack, Diskopussy and most recently
ChesterBeatty (Japan).  She will perform at Slinky in the Park on New Years Day
supporting such acts as Carl Kennedy (Cream, Miss Moneypennys), Jody Wisternoff
(Way Out West), Rachel Auburn (Tidy Trax), Kazu Kimura (CLR Recordings), Kid
Kay Ferris (NineONine Records), Infusion (Thunk Recordings) and Resin Dogs.

The year to come
Lots of good stuff for you all in 2003!

University O-WEEK wil feature two on-campus events from us. We are still
toiling with ideas to make new students aware of our activities. Please push
the mailinglist to any newcomers you may bump into or forward a copy of our
mailout to them.

Our new website should be online during January - Think Dirty does some pretty
out-there design and code, so expect a delicious site.

As you know we have done preliminary scheduling for ten up-beat events during
2003. We will have some big act's coming to town (Interstate and international
acts are being negotiated with - the first international slammer potentially
landing already in February).

Furthermore, we will be rigging a massive outdoor electronica event during the
winter months. This event will feature top Australian acts, the devastating
audible power of Wild Gravity's BIG festival rig, a full colour laser system
and loads of moving head visuals to boot. We will need helpers for this one, so
please contact us if you are keen (admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

More input on the artist vote would be great, although lots of responses have
been received with gratitude. So, if you care to voice your opinion, please
take a pick from below mentioned artists, rank them by preference on a 1-5
scale and send off the result to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with artist vote
in the subject line. Please have your vote with us a.s.a.p. You may also wish
to suggest additional artists that you would like to see, but please stick to
AUSTRALIA BASED ARTISTS ONLY for the time being!

7INCH ARTISTS
Pakamas
Nathan Hill
Ives
Nick Ho
Paul Allan
Pappas
DJ Slo

HOUSE/PROGRESSIVE
Groove Terminator (Syd)
Sean Quinn (Syd)
Kasey Taylor (Syd)
Mark James (Syd)
Phil K (Syd)
Habebe (Bbn)
Ben Corbell (Syd)

BREAKS
Kid Kenobi (Syd)
Jase From Outer Space (Perth)

HI-NRG
Mark Dynamix (Syd)
Nick Fish (Syd)
Paul Holden (Syd)
Scott Alert (Mel)
JenE

TECHNO
mag00 (Bbn)
Kazu Kimura (Bbn)
Will E Tell (Mel)
Simon Digby (Mel)
HMC (Ade)
DJ Bold (Ade)
Voitek (Mel)
Dee Dee (Mel)
Slack (Mel)
Disko Pussy (Mel)

CROSSOVER
Gerling (Syd)

Have a silly XMAS and a safe roll over NYE

Seven Inch Entertainment
Australasian Electronica Collective
WWW.7INCHENTERTAINMENT.COM