[56raf_firebirds] Re: sun Squad night

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("silverwings.stickz")
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:35:58 +0000

not helped that it had already dropped its bombs also, we did start at about 10-12k ft, the yak pulled in behind me rather than just pass me and I had to dive out just in case, had got back to visual distance but lower from roke when the ju88 split essed down and apart from following roke headings and one fleeting sighting I could never catch enough to even see the shooting much less them. heh heh why do they never turn nav lights on when you want them to. The yak went bombing past us, and it may well be that he was the reason roke got to shooting distance at all plus it had to turn to base at some point. But yeah we always know the hurri speed is going to be an issue. It was only meant to be a quick flight. Still he downed it, but he had left it due to no ammo and it was still flying then. I dont think he expected it to go down after that.

On 07/12/2021 14:45, Colin (bart_56) wrote:

That’s why I said depends on altitude;), if the engagement is low say below 4500m the LaGG 3 is faster than the Hurricane(second blower then kicks in:)), the Mig3 is faster than both, even more so higher the altitude. In a straight line co-alt chase the 88 is hard to catch in a tail chase;).

Colin

On 7 Dec 2021, at 13:24, Joe Stronach <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Both Russian planes are faster than the Hurri on the deck... And the Lagg has a 23mm option, which would certainly be handy. Might have to test that at some point...

Roke

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>