[56raf_firebirds] Re: Sunday Night

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, silverwings.stickz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 23:57:54 +0100

Yes, my parting comment was that if we were to do an attack so close to an enemy airfield again, we would do ONE PASS and scarper.
Lesson learnt.

56RAF_phoenix

On 18/09/18 09:14, Lee Fisher (Redacted sender l.fisher for DMARC) wrote:

Thanks for replying Dutch, yes Ship AAA is very tough, a while ago Bart and I took Fw's to attack enemy ships we were both destroyed by single hits from FlaK.

Considering where the ships were positioned, so close to Kerch, it was always likely to be a suicide mission, that's why 3 other Blue fighters turned up so quickly.

Cheers

Witch 23

On 17 Sep, 2018, at 07:46 PM, Dutch Raf <dutchraf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good show and write up.
I was ordered to go and shoot the smaller ships, and I always follow orders! I really had to because I was still ashamed flying into our fearless leader when doing too low passes.

When I passed the ship I fired on, me and my plane were a big mess. Engine damaged, perferated something and my canopy was shot and mostly red and very blurry.

I just decided to just try and die.

Grtz,
Dutch

Outlook voor Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36> downloaden