[56raf_firebirds] Re: Nice Spitfire mission.

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 13:37:42 +0100

I asked Matt Jones of Boultbee Brothers about this when we first had all those problems in DCS. He said that of course you had to take care on take-off and it took more care on landing but he didn't say either were the kind of nightmare we were having back then. Now the DCS Spit handling on the ground is very much better than in IL-2 where it  will ground loop at the drop of a hat. DCS Spit behaves better on the ground now. Phoenix, how long ago did you try it in DCS?

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo
i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling
Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU
32Gb DDR4 RAM
500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB
Pimax 8k Plus VR
TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base
Windows 10 Home 64bit

On 14/06/2020 09:22, Rob (Redacted sender robinhj for DMARC) wrote:

Someone asked a Spit display pilot about tricky ground handling on take-off and landing and he said that was rubbish as it behaves very well.   I seem to remember the US official report on the spit mentioning that it had good ground handling and specifically saying it had very little tendency to ground loop.

Rob

On Sunday, 14 June 2020, 00:41:08 BST, tim foster <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And for ridiculous prop wash, they have a working spit, and a real spit pilot, the Box ix model also has a terrible tendency to ground loop. I think they are probably nearer to the real thing than give them the benefit. Its the lack of feedback that makes it so difficult. If I concentrate very very hard no boX ground loop and I can get the dcs spit down, but its learning the right visual cues, and reacting quickly to them. Phil has no problems take off landing, muscle memory making up for no feedback.

The K4 is really hard, it makes the spit look childish yet on BoX its a doddle.