[56raf_firebirds] Lightning, Vulcan cockpits - low res pics attached

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 18:40:32 +0000

I dropped my wife off at Bournemouth Airport this morning, then finally got around to visiting the aviation museum there.

They have some good wrecks.

Sitting in the Lightning cockpit, I was pretty cramped. At 6 feet tall my legs were almost up against the sharp edge of the metal panel while on the rudder pedals.

The Vulcan cockpit (you can stand in the entrance underneath on a ladder) gives the overall impression of pretty tight for 4 (?) crew. Tiny windows.

56RAF_phoenix