[56raf_firebirds] Re: [56raf_firebirds] Re: [56raf_firebirds] Re: Tacview disabled on Finnish

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 21:00:05 +0000

They'll be taking the data live from the Tacview stream. An almost trivial job. The tool is obviously called il2radar, they're not using Tacview itself.

I've long suspected this was happening.

The packets are deeply vulnerable too, it could be that, or they may move on to that if Tacview is blocked.

56RAF_phoenix

On 16/11/2020 15:26, Lee Fisher (Redacted sender l.fisher for DMARC) wrote:

That's not from tacview though, il-2Radar?

On 16 November 2020 at 15:22, "Rob" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone posted a screenshot on the forum with information on screen pointing out where the enemy was etc.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_2020_11/il2cheat.png.df82776c60c8acf4d207783525e5ab91.png

On Monday, 16 November 2020, 15:02:23 GMT, Lee Fisher <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The delay is done by the server I thought…? And what’s to exploit, the in game tracks give away just as much, if not more, than atacview, tacview doesn’t show trucks hiding in bushes.

You can’t have them both open at the same time either so any “exploit” is going to be short lived, unlike the “exploit" Bart and I use to find 56 so regularly, you’re all still using the Bendix aren’t you… there’s an app for that ;)

Witch

On 16 Nov 2020, at 2:23 pm, Michael Colby (Redacted sender "michael.colby82" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Gents,

For information, below is a copy and paste from the IL-2 GB forum Finnish server thread:

Due to the possibility of exploit, Tacview recording is disabled on the server. We'll bring the recording possibility back, if the devs add some delay into the writing of the Tacview track.