[4thlightning] PT and notes

  • From: Biscuits JaM <biscuitsjam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 4thlightning <4thlightning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:41:36 -0400

For PT tomorrow, make sure you bring a full camelbak.  We're going to be
pushing the ruck march pretty hard.  Just some quick stretching, a short
warm-up, then a very fast pace.  We have to lose a ton of sleep for PT
every morning, so might as well make it worthwhile.

Minimum requirement: 35lb ruck plus full camelbak (camelbak doesn't count
towards your weight)
Recommendation: 45lb ruck plus full camelbak (camelbak doesn't count
towards your weight)

2LT Barton

M2 HB characteristics
belt-fed
recoil-operated
air-cooled
crew-served
alternate-feed
automatic

cyclic - 450-550 rpm
Max effective range - 1800m
hot gun - >100rds/1min
wait 15 minutes to clear hot gun
commander's station fires 10-15rd burst
air threats:
flank fixed-wing: 2 football fields
rotary wing: 1/2 football field
coming towards you: just above fusilage
weighs 84lbs
tracer burnout- 2450m
mk93 mount for humvee.

m240 characteristics
air-cooled
belt-fed
fixed headspace/timing
automatic
crew-served
gas-operated
quick-change barrel

cyclic 650-950 rpm
to adjust cyclic - gas regulator
max effective range - 900 m
hot gun - >200 rds/2 min
initial burst - 10-20 rds
    effective enough to destroy point target
wait 15 minutes to clear hot gun
fired from open bolt
zero at 800m
burst on target (fastest method) - move strike from ground to target
tracer on target - adjust strike onto target based on tracers